I am Walter and this is my World.

I am Walter and this is my World.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Pug Ugg Site is almost complete!


PEEPS!

I have been so quiet, because I have been fiendishly working on my gift for the world ( rather, for anyone who wants to build a shoe for their dog...) You guys know what we've been through with these blasted orthotic shoes, and how much we LOVE the otter pelt shoe...the Pug Ugg!  Well, I decided that this information needs to be out there, all the materials needed, the steps to take...where any dog owner (or cat owner, or rabbit etc..) can get it!

Nobody should have to go through what we did finding a shoe solution and NOBODY should have to put one of those cruel ouchie orthotic shoes on their dogs! SO! I give you a work in progress...but a masterpiece of insanity NONETHELESS. (...drum roll....)


I was going to wait for it to be completely finished, but I realized I need your help. Can you please look at this and tell me if you think I should include not just the directions to make the shoe, but possibly tips for a recently injured dog? And if so, what tips or, what links should I post? Medical tips? Community resources? Let me know what you think. Also - SPREAD THE WORD! Anybody who needs a dog shoe...here it is!

Maybe this can be a real resource for people going through what we all have gone through. (I say we, because lets face it, y'all have been there every step of the way!) WE LOVE YOU BIG TIME!!!!

---
  Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts.  It's what you do with what you have left.  
~Hubert Humphrey


Defeat is not bitter unless you swallow it.  ~Joe Clark




11 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my gosh heather and walter!
you are sooooo amazing!

look at what you created and shared with the world!

it is is perfect!
your instructions and photos are amazing!

i love it!
i am off to tweet and announce your amazing pug ugg to everyone i know!

xoxoxo
melissa & emmitt

Unknown said...

YAY! We Luvs you Melissa! You have always been one of my guiding lights. You've said a few key things to me ove the year that I think about all the time. I'm so glad you like the site!!!!!!!

Apollo said...

What a cool shoe! I don't have an injured foot, but I wouldn't mind wearing some of those when I have to do my potty walks through ice and snow.

Apollo's Mom here - Vikki (Pug Posse) loaned me your first book...so far I'm loving it! Hysterical! You have a very fun writing style! I'm looking forward to finishing it...and I heard there's a sequel in the works? I'm looking forward to reading your choose your ending book...I've never read a book like that before. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I think you're a very talented writer.

Kelly said...

The site is perfect, Heather! I LOVE your detailed instructions with photos. If I had a dog who needed a similar shoe and I found your site, I would probably cry.

Ok... I may have cried a little anyway. Remembering what you guys have been through and seeing how far our boy has come... it always gets me.

Anyway, I am so proud of you for sharing your experience with the world. If the Pug Ugg adds to the quality of life of just ONE animal, it is worth it.

And I think it might be nice to share some of your experience on containing Wally during that initial period where he needed to be still. The baby pen, and then how you later created the little area for him in the house. Some of those details would be super helpful to people whose dogs have been injured! They will be learning from the best care-taker ever... YOU!

xoxox
Pearly & momma

Mia said...

Heather, the website look great!! You did such an amazing thing by putting it together. I think adding resources and advice would be a great idea. So many people could benefit from you've learned during this experience! You and Walter are an inspiration. I feel so lucky to have you and Walter as a part of my blog Family!!!

Hugs

Jess & Lilo

Unknown said...

Heather, this is wonderful. I have sent your pug ugg information to Irene Walker, our chief seamstress for the largest pug rescue in the country - DFW Pug Rescue!! Thank you so much for sharing this and please give Walter so many hugs and kisses!
Nancy, Howie, and the rest of the piggies in Flower Mound

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Heather, the website looks great!! Such a wonderful thing to share this and your experiences with anyone else out there that would need it.

You and Walter are an inspiration to all of us!!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Too Cute Pugs said...

Heather,

Your pug ugg is PERFECT!!!! We read through the instructions and were very impressed with the clarity and detail.

What a gift you've created.

Pug love from,
Pearl, Daisy & Sue

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Heather and Walter
What a journey you have gone through. We watched your struggles and you never gave up.
How could you give up when Walter never did?
Your heart is now giving freely with no string attatched to anyone who needs your help.
We are not surprised, not one bit.
Each step you took with Walter,,, we were right there, with you.
When you cried , we did too.
We watched you struggle with Walters shoes,, loosing one and then trying to make another.
Our heart ached for you....
What I am trying to say, is you are a gift- maybe you have angel wings, because I know that what you are doing will help so many little dogs. We at one time could have used this little ugg that you are making....
the little Ugg is beautiful.. and so are you
love
tweedles

Unknown said...

Apollo, thank you! So SO much!!.

Pearl, you're absolutely right. I'll expand the "our Story" post.

Jess, I will find more resources, i think it's a good idea too.

Nancy, if your seamstress has better "terminology" with measurements etc... please have her let me know! I stumbled through it!

Y&B - xoxoxoxoxoxo

P&D - xoxoxoxoxoxo

Tweedles - Wow. I am printing your comment out and using it to get into heaven. (I'll need some help)Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

To all - if you know of anyone/anyplace I should send the link to pug ugg, (i.e. physical therapists, humans society etc..) let me know.

I am just going to leave it up indefinitely and hopefully it'll still be here long after I'm gone, helping searching souls like myself for years to come.
xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I love that you did that for Walter and now for everyone else who needs a shoe! :)

It is adorable.