I am Walter and this is my World.

I am Walter and this is my World.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Walter gave me a treat!

Getting ready to go to bed is always a big production around here. We have to assemble pillows, refill water bowls and the humidifier (Or Walter gets a dry nose) and then there's all matter of late night snacks to prepare(I usually get walter a Milkbone and leave it on his little doggie bed, which he never sleeps on but now uses as a Milkbone staging area.)Then we climb in to bed and I read as Walter eats his cookie. It's quite a routine.

Night before last though, he didn't eat his cookie. He came and dropped it on my arm (sticky from being wedged in little black pug lips) and then walked away. I thought he didn't want it so I just shrugged and put it on the night stand. Then last night Walter and I were wrestling a little bit in bed, playing with a remnant of big pig, and Walter accidentally bit me. I gave a good high-pitched yelp. "Ow," I said, "Ow, ow ow!"

Walter immediately started licking my face until he had me laughing and then he went down to his little dog bed where he stashes his contraband, and rummaged around in the blankets. (must hide the contraband!) He jumped back up on the bed and dropped another little Milkbone on my arm. This time he stayed there and watched me. Staring intently as onbly pugs can. I realized he was giving me the Milkbone as a treat, just the way I give them to him! I just about swooned from the cute factor.

I'll try to get a snapshot of this remarkable act, that is if Walter keeps it up, after all, he's only human. ;)

No comments: