I am Walter and this is my World.

I am Walter and this is my World.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

Hello Darlings!  No excuse for the length of time since the last post, an unexpected move to a new (but most excellent) location sent us into a small tumult. We are settled now and loving life in Key West. So much has happened and yet of course everything is the same. Walter is well, we had to make some adjustments to his shoe, as its so humid down here, the leather and velcro get damp, soft and shift more easily. Also, his vet thinks he needs another surgery for his knee. Of course this sends me into paroxysms of fear...but if it means he'll walk better, then maybe its not so bad. I will of course, need all of you to get through it. As of right now its unscheduled, but I will keep you posted.

For now we spend our days in lovely tranquility. We wake up, make coffee, go out onto the deck, water the plants, take a little walk and then I write for 5 hours or so. Then we break for dinner, sometimes mama goes out for a dinner party or a boat ride and then I come home and we take a night walk, which are more fun because its cooler out. Then sleepy-byes. In this manner I've managed to turn in one manuscript already, and working on another.

We just wanted to say WE LOVE YOU on this day and remind everyone reading this blog they are loved. By us. Big Time.

18 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

happy happy valentine's day sweet walter and heather!
oh what a perfect update!

we love you!

xoxoxo
m & e

Kelly said...

My sweet, handsome Wally!!!

I love hearing from you and your momma. And I am so glad that you are well and enjoying life- just as you should be.

If you need that surgery, then by-golly, we'll just get you through it! That's just all there is to it!

Happy V-Day, cutie pie! Thanks for popping in and saying hi!!

xoxoxo
Pearl

Oisín said...

Happy Valentines Day Walter.
Also good luck with your up-coming operation, we hope it goes well and we will say a pray for you.

Lots of Love
Oisín and his mummy xxx

Anonymous said...

Been missing your posts.
Paws crossed on Walter's upcoming operation.

Licks,
Sabrina

Asta said...

Waltew
How wondewful to see you especially on this day of love
Pleez take my best wishes fow a most wondewful Valentine
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Winston Wilbur said...

Happy Valentine's Day Walter! We are so envious of you living in FLORIDA!!!!! We miss you guys.


Winston

The Devil Dog said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you both. We love you too. Glad things are going well for you and Walter. Sorry to hear Walter might need surgery, but if he does, we will be here to support you.

Roxy, Lucky & Mom

PS want some "virtual" visitors?

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Happy Valentines Day to both of you!

Hugs,
S&P

PugMommy said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Too Cute Pugs said...

Hi Heather & Walter,

Ahhh, it sounds like you guys have a lovely life down in Key West. Mommy loves Florida and is a bit jealous but happy for you.

We're sorry to hear Walter may need surgery but as you said, if it's for the better it will be worth it.

Mommy got one of your books' for Christmas and so excited to read it!

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Hi Heather & Walter!! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda, Brutus & Ellie

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Dear Walter
I am sorry I am so late to wish you a happy valentines..
But I mean it with all my heart.
I hope you got lots of kissys and gave your mommy lots too.
I am so glad to hear from you.
If you need a suregery to walk better then, I will be here to sit beside you and hold your paw.
love
tweedles

Elizabeth said...

that's a cutie... i'm so in love with tha last pic!

Pug Slope said...

Hi Walter! It's nice to meet you. We just found your blog the other day and your story is very inspiring. The little pug ugg is a great idea and looks like it is working so much better for your foot than what was currently available. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in your new home! -Brian, Jenn and Sid the Pug

Apollo said...

I'm so glad you two are enjoying the good life. Walter - you've been the ultimate miracle Pug, so I'm sure the next surgery will go just fine. Yes, definately let us know when it is, and we'll make sure to send up prayers.

Jennifer Sneed said...

Walter and Mom,

Maxwell and i have been thinking about you both. it sounds like life is good down in the keys. i am glad to hear that Wallie is happy, every pug deserves nothing but the best!

Jen and Maxwell the Pug

Dawniepants said...

I love Walter! As does my pug Molly xxxx major pug hugs to him!

myrtle said...

His so cute.=D
buy starwars account