I am Walter and this is my World.

I am Walter and this is my World.

Friday, October 5, 2007

The Walk from Hell


Do you see what this expression says? First of all I think he's channeling Leona Helmsley and second of all it says, "you're beginning not to amuse me."

Sometimes I walk Walter and it's a marvelous romp through the world, and sometimes it's a disaster worthy of Candid Camera. Today, Walter pulled on his leash the entire time until my forearm was ready to give out. He tried to dash into traffic several times. When we got to the dog park he refused to play with the other dogs and instead, decided to agressively sniff the entire perimeter of the fence to better rub his pumpkin head into god knows how many dogs different "markings."

Then, as a cap off, on the way home Walter suddenly yanked the leash out of my hand, sprinted wildly and plunked down in a huge puddle. Then he rolled in the puddle, and when he saw me coming, he rolled again, instantly changing perfect apricot fawn into tarbaby. I soaked my shoes completely trying to retrieve him, and we walked home, me squish-squish-squishing and Wally-woo wagging his butt at me, as usual.

No comments: