I am Walter and this is my World.

I am Walter and this is my World.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Walter scored!


I already told you guys that I used to peddle poor Walter around in this stroller when I was huckstering my book to bookstores, and how great he was at making friends AND helping momma bring home the rent money. But now it looks like Wally has scored one for his brother and sistah pugs!

The Barnes and Noble at Calhoun Village, who we met during those rounds, asked us if MN Pug Rescue would like to come and be one of the holiday charities that wraps presents for donations. The manager, one Miss Fabulous Kelley, thought it would be great to help needy pugs. Many are waiting for surgeries and medical treatments that are incredibly expensive, and the rescue group help pays for these, so the more money we raise, the more pugs we can help.

The best part is the store is letting us bring our pugs! we're going to dress them for the holidays, except as I've already explained to Walter, he'll have a bandaged leg and a little crutch like Tiny Tim. I'm also making him an "amnesia patient" head bandage, and a small sign to carry that says, I NEED MONEY.

No comments: